Improve your Photos! Paragon can handle large, high-quality images. So why are some real estate pictures, um, well, less-than- awesome? Here are some tips to improve your pics and sell your listing faster!
1) Don’t copy thumbnails or small images to your listing! Bigger is definitely better.
2) If using a resizing utility, choose “Large” for file size, not “Small”
3) Save original, high-quality images to a drive and use COPIES of your edited, resized images (see below) as well. That way you can always go back to your untouched hi-res original.
1) If you have a newer smartphone with lots of megapixels, you may be able to get good shots, but good digital cameras affordable and offer lots of options.
2) Stage your shots. Use a pro or DIY. No fridge magnets or toilet-bowl scenes, please!
1) Light, light, light. Specifically natural light if available. The exception? Take the exterior photo on an overcast (not gloomy) day so the sun doesn’t cast weird shadows.
2) Shoot from corner or doorway to get a better angles and show depth.
3) Wide-angle can cause your photos to seem stretched or misrepresent the space, so stick with standard, landscape-oriented photos (unless you’re an expert.)
After the Shoot
1) If you took plenty of images, you’ll have more choices…pick the ones that best represent the home.
2) Brighten, straighten and/or rotate shots that need a little tweaking.
3) Do NOT get fancy and crop out things like power lines, foundation cracks or the house next door…remember, WVMLS photos need to accurate representations of the property and avoid exaggeration or misrepresentation or concealment of pertinent facts!
1) Get ‘em up quick! WVMLS has an auto-email system that matches buyers up with their search criteria as provided by their broker. So when a listing hits…FLASH…it goes out by email to potential buyers. Don’t let it go without pictures! (WVMLS requires pics within 4 days of the listing, but can you really afford to wait that long?)
2) Become a photography student. With the advent of digital cameras, there’s been a huge surge of interest in and information about photography. Google and YouTube are great resources to continually improve your skills, and therefore, improve your business and better serve your clients!
Did you know you can use the “refine” button to fine-tune previous search results on the mobile app?
For example, after creating a new search for condos, within 2 miles of your location, you view the results. You decide to limit the results to condos priced from $200K-250K. Tap the “refine” button and select the list price, $200K-250K, set, and search. Your results now reflect condos in the specific price range only.
What? You don’t have the Mobile App yet? What are you waiting for? Go to App Center (iOS) or Google Play (Android) and look for “Goomzee”
Calendar 2014 - PDF version
Hey all you Android device users… Do you have the very latest version of the WVMLS Mobile App? It’s at the PlayStore! (Search for it under “Goomzee”)
Here’s what’s new in version 3.0.5:
- various big fixes and tuning
- enhancement to Agent Roster to display multiple contact fields
- default search settings now allow multi-select in Area field